By Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager Mary Ellen Koontz
Thanks to everyone who came out last Saturday for the first day of our new season! I hope to meet you in the weeks to come, and share all the excitement of the great things to come at the Market.
- The American University Humanities Truck is joining us at the market this week. The “moving museum” will focus on the history of Sam’s Park and Shop caddy-corner to market– particularly timely given our new Target.
- Asparagus is in season! Both Kuhns and Garners are fully stocked (p.s.- there’s a great asparagus appetizer recipe linked on the Market’s instagram’s “In Season” highlight)
- Garner’s has the first strawberries of the season! Dana will also be bringing plants for the next few weeks for those who are working on their gardens. For the apartment dwellers among us, she has “salad bowls” with different types of lettuce that can easily be grown indoors or on a patio.
- Kuhn’s has peach blossoms to brighten up your home and Jerusalem artichokes (aka sunchokes) in stock!
- Les Capris des Joelle will not be at market this week due to staffing conflicts. They’ll be back the week following!
- In case you missed out on VegHeaven‘s muffins last week, they’ll be bringing a larger stock– and prepared vegan foods to stock up on for the week.
- Follow us on instagram @
clevelandparkfarmersmarket for the inside scoop on market, recipe ideas, and more!