By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
Happy 4th of July! If you’re in town this weekend, be sure to stop market and say hi to all of our local producers. The growing season is at its peak and our farmers have a star-studded variety of fruits and vegetables this week.
- Rendezvous Farms has lots of salad greens and squash! I’m meal prepping this summer pasta skillet with farmer Mike’s squash to get me through a busy week ahead.
- VegHeaven is back with more pastries and prepared meals this week to make your Meatless Monday (and any other day) a breeze!
- Kuhns Produce has more peaches and berries this week! With the summer heat the last few weeks, I’ve been looking for anything to help cool-off, like this peach lemonade. These popsicles and sangria also look great and are perfect for cookouts this weekend!
- Cold Country is still stocked with their delicious, sustainably, wild-caught salmon, which I’ll be using for these breakfast croquettes this week.
- Garners has a beautiful array of tomatoes and other veggies! I’ll be using some of Dana’s heirloom tomatoes for this elevated take on pizza night- if you need a shortcut, use a store bought pie crust (I will)!
- Last week, I tried Green Almond Pantry‘s leek and rice dish and am really looking forward to more to keep lunch easy and light this week.
- On that note, I love making a quick sandwich with the bread from Metropolitan Bakery. It makes my night a breeze when I’m in class in the evenings!
See you at market this Saturday!