By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
We had a great time kicking off our children’s reading circle last week in partnership with Politics and Prose and the Keegan Theatre! They’ll be back again in a few weeks, and monthly after that. This week, we’ve got Kristen M. of Glow Kids Yoga returning for a family yoga class at 9:15 under the Uptown marquee. We’ve also got Rendezvous Farms, a certified naturally grown producer from Maryland joining us! The D.C. Office of Planning will also be on hand to get your feedback and answer your questions about the new Comprehensive Plan.
I’m looking forward to having some friends in town and the holiday weekend. Here’s what I’ll be picking up at market!
- Our newest vendor, Rendezvous Farms, will have lots a greens and tomatoes! I’ll be prepping a big salad for the week and love to incorporate as many in-season veggies as I can!
- Speaking of in season vegetables- the squash at Garners are perfect for kebabs on the grill, any easy recipe to get the kids involved!
- Switch things up and make the kebabs with salmon from Cold Country! This recipe is a great place to start!
- For dessert, throw Kuhns first peaches of the season on the grill and serve with some ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Metropolitan Bakery is your go-to for fresh bread for your weekend meals! Get there early for your favorites before they sell out.
- The lentil balls or grain salads from Green Almond Pantry make a great addition for dinner with friends, especially if you have friends that are plant-based.
- Speaking of plant-based, VegHeaven is my go-to for vegan baked goods! They bring a different selection every week so make sure to stop by their tent!