By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
After another sell out week, I’m looking forward to good weather on Saturday! Members of Cleveland & Woodley Park Village will be on hand this week to help sign up volunteers so that our neighbors can continue to be an active part of our community and age in place. Take note, Cracked Eggery will not be at market this week as they kick off Smorgasburg DC this weekend. They’ll be back next week with the Mayor and Bittersweet Symphony.
Here’s what you’ll find in my market basket this week:
- Salmon from Cold Country is perfect for this salmon kebab recipe
- Veggies like zucchini and onions from Garners Produce are a great addition to the kebabs, and they’ve got fresh dill and other herbs to garnish your dishes!
- Kuhns Orchard is stocked with berries. I’ll pick up a few quarts to make this berry fruit salad for dessert with a simple honey and lemon drizzle. Kuhns also has honey!
- Of course, you can’t have a meal like this without sides to match. The selection of mediterranean dishes from Green Almond Pantry makes cooking for a crowd or meal prep for the week a breeze.
- A fresh baguette is the perfect accompaniment for an easy summer meal, and Metropolitan Bakery is always my go-to. I love the taste of lightly charred bread on the grill.
- After cooking the night before, I like to have an easy breakfast on hand. The muffins and donuts from VegHeaven are a lifesaver!