By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
Huge thanks to everyone who participated in the Great Cleveland Park Yard Sale last week! Everyone I talked to at market had rave reviews and great things in hand. This week, we’re back on a more normal pace with a visitor from Cleveland Park’s favorite market bluegrass band, Roan Gap playing from 10 – 12:30.
Here’s what’s in my market basket this week:
- I’m heading out of town this week and will be bringing along “The Mayor” from Cracked Eggery for the car ride for myself and a few friends. They sold out around noon last week, so make sure you’re there early!
- Going light on bread or meat? Check out their new seasonal sandwich or try a grain bowl!
- Also along for the road trip? A few donuts from VegHeaven. Last week, Sade brought along some delicious looking red velvet donuts (they sold out before I could try them!).
- I live by the “apple a day” principle, so I’ll be picking up the last Honeycrisp and Crimson apples until the fall harvest from Kuhns.
- Speaking of, Metropolitan Bakery‘s bread is my jam (get it?) and perfect for a breakfast toast. Stop by for your favorite loaf before they sell out.
- If you’re feeling more savory than sweet, schmear Cold Country‘s Salmon dip on a bagel. It’s a delicious, filling, and quick meal!
- Green Almond Pantry‘s hummus and lemon fava dip has been my go-to lunch with some veggies or crackers lately. It’s perfect for busy, hot summer days!
- Finally, blueberry season continues at Garners, but I’m eyeing the squash special this week- fill-your-own bucketful of squash for $5!
- Zucchini bread, anyone?