By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
Summer is finally here! To celebrate, we’ve got two big additions this week: Cold Country Salmon is back for the rest of the season and we’ll be hosting family yoga led by Cleveland Park resident Kristen M. of Glow Kids Yoga from 9:00 – 9:45 am under the marquee. Be sure to bring the kids and a mat or towel to practice on!
As you prepare for your cookouts over this long holiday weekend, make sure you stop by market to get everything you need!
- VegHeaven is back this week with their delicious vegan goods that everyone at the table will love!
- Green Almond Pantry debuted a delicious green tomato sauce last week that would be a perfect marinade or topping.
- Pick up some fresh caught Alaskan Salmon from Cold Country Salmon! I’m dreaming of this Firecracker Salmon recipe (anyone have a grill I can borrow?).
- The team from Cracked Eggery has a new seasonal sandwich this weekend! Stop by to get in on the surprise.
- Kuhns will have some more wild indigo and peonies this week- the perfect hostess gift or table setting!
- Metropolitan Bakery is your go-to for fresh bread for your weekend picnics! Get there early for your favorites before they sell out.
- Garners has another batch of tomatoes for your burgers and is nearing the end of strawberry season. I’ll be whipping up this quick strawberry salsa over the weekend- it’s become my signature summer dish with friends!