By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
After a great week with the Acton Children’s Business Fair, we’re back to our regularly scheduled programming this Saturday. We’ll be back on Connecticut Avenue outside the Uptown Theatre (3400 block) again this weekend and can’t wait to see you there!
- Hosting friends for a dinner party or to watch the Game of Thrones finale this weekend? Pick up dips and spreads from Green Almond Pantry to make party prep a breeze!
- Cracked Eggery is back again! Last week, Chef Alex brought some zesty mini bacon cheesecake samples that were to die for- just like the goat cheese filled “Green Eggs, No Ham”. Look for all the dogs at their stand sniffing the bacon!
- Garners Produce has just two weeks left for potted plants and are nearing the end of the season for strawberries in southern Virginia. Use any leftover strawberries in this easy strawberry chia-seed jam.
- Speaking of jam, what better accompaniment than Metropolitan Bakery‘s freshly baked bread? They tend to sell out fast, so get there early for your favorites.
- VegHeaven has more plant-based treats and sweets this week including their chocolate-cheesecake muffins. Did you know they do catering and often have a cooler of ready-made meals with them to help you sail through the week? The fried “chicken” is a personal favorite of this omnivores!
- Kuhns Orchard is down to the last week of spring sunchokes (I like them mashed). Along with a few other specials, they’ll have apples, rhubarb, and some fresh picked flowers! This past week, I combined produce from our farmers to make these delicious breakfast bowls– the perfect start to the day– and except for any avocado, all ingredients you can get from market!
Keep an eye out on this site, our instagram, and the community listserv for announcements on summer programming at the market, and don’t forget to stop by and say hello on Saturday!