By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
I’ve finally got that #fallfeeling, but am sorry to say it looks like it’s going to warm back up this week. That said, we’ll have our Politics and Prose reading circle (9:15 under the Uptown Marquee) and lots of little pumpkins to kick off the official start of fall on Monday!
I’ve been all about easy, nutritious meals this week, so here’s what I’m planning on picking up:
- For me, meal prepping is essential to making an busy week a little easier. This sweet potato quinoa salad is the perfect solution to that.
- My other go-to meal prep solution? Sheet pan dinners. Throw new potatoes, fresh green beans and salmon, from Garners and Cold Country respectively, onto a pan and into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Every busy starts with coffee and a quick breakfast. Via Volcan‘s coffee is perfect and I only wish that I could have an egg sandwich from Cracked Eggery every day! Luckily, they’ll be at market from here on out for my Saturday fix, but during the week, I stick with greek yogurt, whatever berries catch my eye at Kuhns and a bit of granola.
- After a long day at the office and in class, sometimes I just need some comfort food. I made this incredible grilled cheese as I was writing this (too late at night) and it absolutely hit the spot.
- With lots of meetings planned every day, I try to have lots of snacks around to hold me over until I have a chance to grab lunch in the late afternoon.
See you at market!