By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
The market season has flown by and with it, we’re prepping for week two of the holiday market. As the season draws to a close, this is the last weekend for Rendezvous Farms and Mechelle’s Baking Company. Pineline Poultry will also be out this week (but back next week).
I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is next week! This week, I’m rounding up a few Thanksgiving recipes that you can make ahead and take on your travels. Make sure to check your ingredient list and check it twice before heading down to market– the lists below only include those ingredients carried by our vendors.
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Mushroom Croissant Stuffing
- Baby kale from Rendezvous Farms
- Metropolitan Bakery’s croissants (or your favorite buttery bread)
- Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole w/ Bacon Pecans
- Pumpkin or Apple Pie
- This one is easy as, well, pie! Pick one up from Mechelle’s Baking Company and everyone will be singing your praises.
I’m usually playing the sous chef on the big day– which means getting the bird in the oven by about 5 am. I’ll be drinking LOTS of Via Volcan coffee while we cook and snacking on a bagel with Cold Country‘s Salmon Spread and romesco from Green Almond Pantry.