By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
Spring is here, and with it, the start of our market season. Over the last several weeks, we’ve been working closely with our vendors and the District to ensure the safety of our vendors, volunteers, and community. In this first blog post of the season, we’ll give you a full rundown of the steps we’re to keep us all safe in this new environment.
We are so excited to announce that the Cleveland Park Farmers Market will re-open this Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the 3400 block of Connecticut Avenue.
Farmers markets like ours are essential to our District residents, the regional food system, and the farmers they support, but that doesn’t mean we don’t need to adapt. Many of our vendors have set up pre-order options to keep lines moving and minimize contact at the market, and we have new guidelines in place to keep you safe, too.
- Do not come to market if you are feeling sick or ill
- Keep your trip quick (ideally under 20 minutes) and maintain a safe social distance from neighbors and vendors
- Try to keep your visit under 20 minutes and minimize socializing
- Masks are required; wash or sanitize your hands often
- Households should only send 1 person to market, 2 at most. Unless entirely necessary, please keep children and seniors safe at home.
- Enjoy food at home. Any one eating at market will be asked to leave.
- We love your dogs, but no pets will be permitted in market at this time.
- Move in one direction and maintain social distancing.
We will be restricting the number of people in market at one time through a single point of entry at the mid-block crosswalk, near Byblos Deli. In-person purchases are available, but pre-ordering is highly recommended.
This weeks vendors: Garners Produce, Cold Country Salmon, Ancient Foods, Cheese Goatees, Cracked Eggery, Via Volcan, Kuhn Orchards
How to pre-order:
- Garners Produce – Pre-order for market pickup by 7 p.m. on Thursdays
- Kuhn Orchards – Place online pre-orders by 10 a.m. on Friday
- Cold Country Salmon – Order online for market pickups
- Cracked Eggery – Keep the line moving and place a mobile order. Remember to save your sandwich for home.