By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
Please remember to abide by all market guidelines when you visit to keep our vendors and community safe. Masks are required, and dogs and children should be left at home.
This weeks vendors: Garners Produce, Cold Country Salmon, Ancient Foods, Cheese Goatees, Cracked Eggery, Via Volcan Coffee, and Kuhn Orchards.
Here’s what I’m making:
- Fish tacos – This recipe is perfect for quarantine cooking. Pick up some halibut from Cold Country this weekend and enjoy!
- Pizza – I picked up a pizza kit from Tino’s Pizzeria last and loaded it up with veggies and goat cheese from market. Don’t forget to add a bit of Ancient Foods olive oil to the crust,.
- Crudite boards – With a busy work week and lots of vegetables in my fridge, I’ve been throwing together a big bowl of veggies with hummus and pimento goat cheese, and a apple with peanut butter for lunch between conference calls.
Markets in DC are under strict guidelines to keep safety a top priority. Here’s what we’re doing to keep everyone healthy:
- Do not come to market if you are feeling sick or ill
- Keep your trip quick (ideally under 20 minutes) and maintain a safe social distance from neighbors and vendors
- Try to keep your visit under 20 minutes and minimize socializing
- Masks are required; wash or sanitize your hands often
- Households should only send 1 person to market, 2 at most.
- Enjoy food at home. Any one eating or drinking at market will be asked to leave.
- No pets will be permitted in market at this time.
- Move in one direction and maintain social distancing.
We will be restricting the number of people in market at one time through a single point of entry at the mid-block crosswalk, near Byblos Deli. In-person purchases are available, but pre-ordering is highly recommended.
Find more information on the District’s guidelines for markets here.