By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
Somehow, we’re just 3 weeks from the end of market (’til next year)! This season has flown by, and I wanted to take a moment to thank all of our neighbors for making this year the best one yet! It’s been wonderful to see so many new faces and expand the market to new heights.
As we approach the end of the year, our social calendars seem to be packed, so I wanted to share a few holiday recipes and gift ideas sure to please.
Holiday Gift Ideas:
- For the foodie: Good olive oil makes a great gift for the friend who loves to cook or host. Whichever blend you chose, the gift boxes from Ancient Foods looks beautiful- and save you the wrapping paper.
- For the friend who’s into coffee: They’ve probably got plenty of gadgets, but they may not have geisha beans. Chris, the coffee farmer and roaster behind Via Volcan, grows this rare and highly sought after bean on the slopes of the Blue Volcano in western Panama.
- For your favorite co-workers: Your favorite sandwich slingers also do catering deliveries! Cracked can bring the bacon for your team, vegetarians included.
- For the vegan foodie: VegHeaven makes vegan treats so good, even Julia Child would think they’re made with real butter
- For your fashion-forward friend: Fair trade gifts from JolieSoleil and IndiBlossom
- For the artsy one: Illustrations from Richeal Artwork and Ethic Good
- For the holiday potluck: Marinated feta makes for a delicious (and quick!) dip that will knock socks off- Cheese Goatees, Ancient Foods, and Garners herbs are perfect for this. Pair it with a toasted baguette from Metropolitan Bakery and Green Almond Pantry‘s romesco.
- For the dessert table: Kuhn’s fruit is perfect for an apple and pear galette is sure to impress
- For yourself: a salmon veggie sheet pan meal full of Cold Country fish and Garners veggies to balance out the sweets at the office.
This week’s holiday vendors: Cleveland Park Business Association (mugs are back in stock!), IndiBlossom, JolieSoleil, Richeal Artwork, and Ethic Goods!