By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
The weather is calling for a bright and sunshine-y day on Saturday, so we’re looking forward to seeing everyone at market! Produce is piled high with our farmers and I’m looking forward to a delicious, freshly made lunch from VegHeaven.
- VegHeaven will have prepared goods with them this week as their wonderful vegan donuts and baked goods, make sure you stop by for lunch!
- The tables at Garners Produce are piled high after a great harvest of early summer produce. They’ve got tons of tomatoes that are perfect for a delicious Sunday sauce or a simple, but gorgeous, tomato toast.
- Green Almond Pantry is the perfect solution to hot kitchens in the summer. I’ve been relying on their leek & rice dish for lunch and their granola is delicious with yogurt and fresh berries for breakfast!
- Those fresh berries I just mentioned? I tend to pick up a few quarts from Kuhns Orchard on Saturday to last me through the week for breakfast and a healthy afternoon snack. This arugula peach pizza is a perfect excuse to pick up some extra peaches (and arugula from Rendezvous Farms).
- If sandwiches are more your style for lunch, Metropolitan Bakery brings freshly sliced bread to market or you can pick up a loaf to slice at home!
- Rendezvous Farms is back again with more beautiful produce. Mike’s squash, paired with some corn from Garners and fresh burrata is just calling for this zucchini corn phyllo pizza– a great meatless Monday recipe!
- Cold Country Salmon has been bringing canned salmon the last few weeks and I’m looking forward to mixing it up into these salmon burgers.
See you at market!
Join us at the Cleveland Park Farmers Market, every Saturday from 9 am – 1 pm on the 3400 block of Connecticut Ave NW