By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
Please review the market guidelines below. Don’t forget your mask, and please leave vulnerable family members, including children, as well as pets safe at home. Interesting in volunteering for market? We’re still recruiting for our volunteer market team!
This weeks vendors: Garners Produce, Cold Country Salmon, Ancient Foods, Cheese Goatees, Cracked Eggery, Via Volcan Coffee, and Kuhn Orchards
It looks like the warm weather is finally here to stay! Early summer is one of my favorite times of year for produce. Here are the recipes I’m looking forward to making this week:
- Pea Pesto w/ Spring Veggies are the perfect excuse to round up all the veggies at Garners this weekend and whip up this spring pesto.
- These slow-roasted cherry tomatoes may be the best thing I’ve made so far this market season. Delicious by the spoonful, these tomatoes are great over pasta- I mixed in some Cheese Goatees’ tomato basil chevre with the tomatoes cooked in Ancient Foods olive oil- you’ll want to use the good stuff to help the tomatoes shine!
- It’s possible that this salmon asparagus orzo salad is the ideal summer lunch recipe. This recipe is great with leftover salmon, and Cold Country’s high quality canned salmon would work great too! Bonus points if you eat it on your porch or patio!
- Summer is cold brew season! I’ve collected a lot of coffee gadgets over the years, but this cold brew recipe is great for anyone with a pitcher and a coffee filter!
- Kuhn Orchard will be bringing rhubarb to market this week! This barbeque sauce looks divine, but this strawberry rhubarb galette is a bit more traditional if that’s more your style.
See you at market! Don’t forget your mask!