By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
This week hasn’t exactly felt like fall, but I think everyone is ready for cooler temperatures, changing leaves and all the delicious food that comes with it.
- ICYMI- Green Almond Pantry was featured in the Washington Post last week and we’re in total agreement with the writer- the food is as delicious as Cagla’s cooking is comforting.
- Kuhn’s Produce is packed with fresh picked fruit right now, but apple season is in full swing and we all know an apple (or two, or three) keeps the doctor away!
- Work has been really busy lately, and I’m all about a healthy, easy lunch. Throwing some veggies in the oven from Rendezvous Farms with fish from Cold Country Salmon is the easiest way to meal prep and perfect on top of a bit of rice and Mike’s salad greens.
- It’s no secret I try to minimize my food waste as much as possible. So, when I make my other favorite go-to, a sheet pan meal with chicken sausage and whatever beautiful produce catches my eye at Garner’s that week, I throw the extras in a quick frittata for breakfast or dinner!
- Of course, all of those recipes call for a heaping dose of olive oil from Ancient Foods! Fresh, high quality olive oil makes such a difference in my dishes.
- After a week away, Cracked is back to spend the fall with us! Pick up an egg sandwich with Cracked Sauce and a cup of coffee from Via Volcan for a delicious breakfast!
- Also in this week’s lineup, Mechelle’s Baking Company is back (don’t forget, they’re only at market every other week). I took a mini apple pie home a few weeks ago to split with friends- it’s perfect a la mode!
- If sweet is more your style, the pastries at VegHeaven and Metropolitan Bakery are some of my favorites. The croissants take me straight back to the streets of Paris.
- VegHeaven’s bread pudding is out of this world. Trust me, you don’t have to be vegan to love it!
See you at market!