By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
We’re so close to the long weekend! If you’re staying in town, be sure to stop by market for all of your cookouts and pool parties!
Here’s what I’m looking forward to at market this week:
- Mechelle’s Baking Company is back this week and bringing peach pie! Their pies sold out quickly last time, so make sure you get there early to pick up your favorite.
- Cracked Eggery is back for their last week of their pop-up with us! The Cracked sauce really puts their egg sandwiches over the top.
- Late summer nectarines are the perfect treat! I’ve been chopping up the fruit from Kuhns Orchard for my breakfast parfait.
- I finally tried the ground salmon from Cold Country. It’s a great substitute for ground beef or turkey and makes a tasty breakfast hash.
- This week, Via Volcan is switching things up and bringing iced coffee! They even have the highly sought after Geisha coffee beans from their family farm in Panama.
- It’s possible that one of my favorite breakfasts is a muffin from VegHeaven with my coffee.
- Ancient Foods is back for their second week at market with their incredible olive oils and honey from their family homes in Greece. Try a sample of both varieties and see if you can tell the difference!
- My favorite way to celebrate summer is over the grill, and there’s no better time to fire it up than over Labor Day weekend. Both Garners and Rendezvous Farms are fully stocked with fresh vegetables to throw on the grill with just a little seasoning.
- Green Almond Pantry is back from summer break and I’m loving fresh veggie sandwiches with their hummus on a slice of Metropolitan Bakery bread and some fresh tomatoes!
See you at market!