By Mary Ellen Koontz, Cleveland Park Farmers Market Manager
After the hottest day of the summer last week, I’ve been enjoying the break from the heat this week- and I’ve even turned on my stove! I’m looking forward to trying out some new and favorite recipes this week. Be on the lookout for the Ward 3 Bike Advocates at market this week.
- Green Almond Pantry is taking a summer vacation! Make sure you stock up on your favorites before Chef Cagla heads out for a couple weeks in August.
- Beyond salmon, Cold Country has lots of other fresh caught fish! This recipe looks incredible and there’s an equally delicious recipe in Joshua McFadden’s Six Seasons cookbook a favorite among marketers and seasonal eaters.
- VegHeaven is bringing the goods this week! I’m looking forward to picking up a salad from them, complete with a “cookie monster” cookie for dessert.
- Last week, Rendezvous Farms had Romaine lettuce with them, which got me craving Grilled Caesar Salads. By grilling the romaine, you can bring out a completely different flavor and i love it with the crunch of the lettuce. This recipe is super easily and makes for a delish summer meal or a great looking side for a dinner party.
- Kuhn’s Produce has tons of fruit, but this week I’m going for the vegetables. I’ve shared this on the market instagram before, but this savory breakfast bowl remains a healthy and filling breakfast recipe I dream of.
- Metropolitan Bakery makes my weeks so much easier with their delicious bread. I’m looking forward to trying this croque madame with some of Garner’s tomatoes.
- We’ve still lots of corn coming to market with Garners! I have a couple cookouts coming up, and pasta salads are a classic. It’s a little labor intensive, but ’ll be taking this “Mexican corn salad” with me next weekend.
Follow the market’s instagram for a BIG announcement about a couple vendors popping up at market this week!